NC’s highest-ranking educator June Atkinson opposes #NC’s #Amendment1 via @ncpolicywatch #voteagainst @DrJuneAtkinson
And the latest to speak out is Dr. June Atkinson, the state superintendent of public instruction.
Asked about the proposed constitutional amendment in light of the anti-bullying law passed by the General Assembly in 2009, Atkinson acknowledged they continue to combat bullying in the public schools, and this vote will send a message.
“As adults we need to set a good example. And for that reason, I believe it’s not in the best interest of our children and our state for the amendment to pass,” said Atkinson on Thursday.
- nccollegespectrum reblogged this from voteagainstamendmentone
- a-personal-jab likes this
- cosmic-petrichor reblogged this from voteagainstamendmentone
- thesilencethatfell likes this
- voteagainstamendmentone reblogged this from racetotheballotnc
- heyits-kai reblogged this from cosmic-petrichor
- racetotheballotnc posted this